Below are some of the reasons why some women don’t report.
· Feeling young and powerless
· Self –blame
· Desire to move on
· Belief that reporting will not do any good
· Not wanting to turn a family member in
· Effect on future relationships
· Afraid of further damage from attacker
· Afraid of legal process
· Knew the person and didn’t want to destroy their life
According to UN, 30 percent of women worldwide have their first sexual experience as forced. This should not be happening. No more ‘boys will be boys’. There is no excuse for sexual assault and rape.
· Being in a relationship is not consent to having sex
· We have had sex before is not a consent
· If they are not sober they can’t consent
· The absent of ‘NO’ is not a consent
· Flirting is not a consent
· If you have to convince them it’s not a consent
· If they don’t feel to say ‘NO’ it’s not a consent
Only an informed, sober, freely given ongoing enthusiastic ‘YES’ is consent.