Triggers vary by person, but knowing which ones affect you can help reduce the frequency and severity of migraine attacks and improve quality of life.
9 common triggers
· Changes in temperature, humidity or barometric pressure can bring a migraine.
· Hormonal fluctuations due to menstruation, pregnancy and menopause can trigger migraines.
· Diet- everyone is different but some foods and beverages can trigger migraines
· Eating habits- skipping meals, not eating on a regular schedule can bring on a migraine.
· Scents- perfumes, cleaning products and other odours can trigger migraines if encountered in an enclosed space
· Lighting- Bright or flickering lights such as fluorescent light or computer monitor can trigger a migraine.
· Sleep- too much sleep, too little sleep, poor sleep, irregular sleep pattern can trigger a migraine
· Physical activity- exercise, sports, and other activities can be triggers
· Heat-hot rooms, hot weather and overheating can lead to migraines
Here is one migraine suffers sums it up,
I am either
- In pain
Of the next attack